Saturday, August 13, 2011

August 13, 2011

The Braves
     Wow, so much has happened since my last post.  First off, I am very excited that the braves were able to get Michael Bourn in a trade.  Even though I didn't think it would happen, I thought the astros would put a big price tag on him, I am very glad to see him in center field for the Braves.  Glad to see how Uggla is playing.  You could start to see a change in his swing when he started going opposite way with the ball, but I definitely did not see this coming out of him.  He and Freeman picked a perfect time to heat up with Chipper and McCann hurt.  It's good to see Chipper in the lineup, but I can't wait for Chipper, McCann, and Moylan to be fully healthy.  Surprise of the year- Jose Constanza.  A guy that spent 7 years in the minors batting .290 comes into the Braves lineup and is currently batting .408.
The Falcons
      So good to see some Falcons football.  Julio Jones looked great in the preseason game.  I think he will be well worth all those draft picks.  I can't wait to see what Ray Edwards will do on our defensive line, his stats look good and highlights I've seen look good.  Other than that I don't know much about him, except he was a boxer in the lockout.  I don't put much stock in preseason games, but the first string looked good.  I think it's going to be a good year, the Falcons got some of the "explosion" Dimitroff was talking about, and I trust TD, Smith, and Blank to put the best team they can get out on the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment